Tony Eyres, B.Sc (Agric.) CF
Tony is a senior executive with leadership and management experience, coupled with extensive knowledge and insights across key trade-exposed sectors of the Australian economy. He brings highly developed stakeholder management, media and communications skills and political astuteness.
He has enjoyed access and exposure to the highest levels of government, corporations and industry representative bodies across Australia and off-shore, including key customers and competitors of Australian exports. Tony offers this extensive network to connect Clients to opportunities to expand their business or grow their portfolio.
After many years of assisting his network, Tony established Rounding Up in 2007 to focus on servicing Clients seeking capital and commercial partnerships, needing strategy development support and providing research services in agriculture to enable business growth.
Tony was previously appointed one of five Senior Investment Specialists at Austrade, national roles initiated by then Australian Trade & Investment Minister Andrew Robb, to better service foreign investors seeking exposure to priority areas of the economy.
His commercial acumen is supported by strong research and technical skills, stemming from an undergraduate degree in agricultural and resource economics at UWA, complemented by a Churchill Fellowship on “technology adoption and its impact on rural communities”, and supplemented by various programs at Harvard University’s Business School and Kennedy School of Government.
Project examples for Rounding Up include:
- delivered sector specialist advice to real assets division of a global investment bank on the development of a new farmland investment capability targeting global investors
- facilitated a two-day Strategic Planning workshop for Southern Cross Agricultural Exports
- facilitated a two-day Strategic Planning workshop for a NSW government water utility
- advised a consortium of local and state government agencies on corporate structures, financing and governance for a water infrastructure project to supply multi-national customers.
- Pottinger – a global financial services firm that provides strategic and financial advice that unlocks value and reduces risk in strategy development and M&A.
- Southern Cross Agricultural Exports – a national group of growers that are custodian of the ASP CertifiedTM certification for sustainable produce. ASP CertifiedTM documents the journey of growing, storing, delivering and processing chemical free, environmentally friendly, nutritionally dense and sustainably grown produce. Southern Cross developed these certified systems to recognised national and international standards, underpinned by global auditing body SGS and recognised by Australia’s consumer protection agency, the ACCC.
- Davren Global – an agricultural technology company commercialising a potential new technology for insect pest control,without toxic chemicals, exploring market opportunities for the global grains and horticultural sectors.
- Brigidine College St Ives – a Catholic independent school dedicated to the education of girls. The College is non-selective and proudly educates girls of varying abilities, enabling them to develop and realise their opportunities.
- Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) – federal government agency that leverages its extensive international and domestic networks, and the badge of government, to deliver value for clients and investors. Role involved facilitating foreign direct investment into priority areas of the Australian economy, such as agribusiness & food.
- UBS Asset Management – their Real Estate & Private Markets business is one of the largest asset managers in real assets worldwide, currently managing over USD100bn globally. Role involved engaging with local and global institutions seeking financial exposure to real assets in a mature, low sovereign risk market.
- Fonterra Co‐operative Group – the World’s largest dairy exporter. General Manager, Operations role in International Farming, managing a culturally diverse team of 20 operational and technical staff across several growth markets including Brazil, Indonesia, China and India with considerable commercial and government stakeholder engagement.
- Harvest Capital Partners – a Sydney-based, specialist corporate advisory firm focused on agribusiness and food investments across rural and regional Australia. Established the business and successfully built a project pipeline in excess of AUD400 million in pastoral, dairy, broad-acre cropping and intensive horticulture.
Andrew Bulkeley, B.App.Sc. (Systems Agriculture) Dip. BA
Andrew is a senior executive with extensive leadership, business transformation and programme management experience, developed primarily through a career operating within the dynamic, complex and highly regulated global supply chains of the FMCG sector.
He has worked in Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Indonesia, leading large R&D teams through significant business and organisational transformations in order to drive business performance. Andrew has travelled extensively through Asia, Latin America and Europe throughout his career, always maintaining a strong connection to agriculture.
Andrew has been heavily involved in the development of significant plant-breeding, agronomy and grower education programmes to support emerging product categories, disease resistance, farmer profitability and sustainability across a global footprint.
Andrew’s business acumen is supported by an inherent strength in people leadership, technical skills and communication borne from an undergraduate degree in agricultural science, diploma in business administration and various professional development programs over his career.
He is a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and owns a mixed farming enterprise in Tamworth, NSW.
- Bentoel Group, Indonesia – part of British American Tobacco plc, contributing to transformation of R&D function of a newly acquired business, and development of an integrated Centre of Excellence and Regional Analytical Facility for the Global Business as Head of R&D in Indonesia. Andrew also managed key actions against the key commitments of a Global Sustainability Agenda with farmers and suppliers across Indonesia.
- British American Tobacco plc – the largest publicly traded tobacco company in the world selling into over 200 markets. Role included Global Product Manager with responsibility for 650 staff in the UK, South Africa, Malaysia, Brazil and Germany, developing and deploying next generation products, productivity and sustainability initiatives across a global business footprint.
- British American Tobacco (Australia) plc. Role included six years as an Operations Director and Manufacturing Manager leading significant change programmes with management, suppliers and unions to reduce cost and preserve the longevity of Australian manufacturing.
START THE CONVERSATION
Register your interest to be kept up to date with Rounding Up’s latest news.